петок, 22 февруари 2008

Advantages and disadvantages of studying in a private school

Studying in private school! Challenge, advantage, or maybe a mistake?
I started and I finished my primary education in a state school. In my opinion, environment equal for everyone, challenge equal for everyone, conditions for schooling according to the state criterion for primary education.
While I was visiting the mathematical classes in the private International High School, I did not expected that after the final test and after getting the stipend, I will find myself in a big dilemma. I was badgering myself and my parents for a long time with the question “Where should I continue my education”, until I finally decided to take the challenge that could not be rejected.
Today, after finishing the first half, I got the chance to say what are the advantages and disadvantages of studying in a private school.
Maybe it will sound unreal, but according to me, I have just one answer for the disadvantages “There are not any!”. A disadvantage could have just the individual participator in this educational system, that on the best organized course of study, he/she will find an imperfection.
Talking about the advantages, I would say that they could be felt on every field:
-the friendly relation between us and the professors
-the way of teaching, that allows us to learn the material during the classes
-small groups of students, that gives the professor enough time to pay attention to every single one of us.
-the way of marking, that is on the principle to get the deserved.
-the conditions in which we are studying
-the protection and control against the drugs, cigarettes, alcohol and violence.
It is a shame to compare!!!
The advantages are huge. The only thing that I can say:
“Professors be more strict, you are too good”

3 коментари:

Drug Rehab рече...

This is very nice article. You took admission in the private school and felt the benefit of the private high schools. It is right that private schools class size is small in comparison to the public high schools. Teachers of the private schools also support individual and help to solve the difficulties.

http://www.teensprivateschools.com/schooltypes/High-Schools/index.html

Анонимен рече...

Private Schools may be very nice, but they have little to no diversity in students. Public schools welcome all students so there is more diversity. This makes public schools more like the real world after schooling.

layciegrace рече...

I think that the quality of education that a child receives in a school - either a private or public one - should be the number one basis in citing the advantages and disadvantages. The number one advantage for me is the good teacher-student ration. - Layce of Studygeek.org